Use the MARS model of individual behavior and performance to diagnose the possible causes of the unacceptable behavior
What performance problems is the captain trying to correct?
Use the MARS model of individual behavior and performance to diagnose the possible causes of the unacceptable behavior.
Has the captain considered all possible solutions to the problem? If not, what else might be done?
Identify the stressors in John Breckenridge’s life. Which ones could he have prevented?
What were the results of the stress? Would you consider these to be typical to stress situations and lifestyle choices John made, or was John Breckenridge unlucky?
Assume you are a career coach retained by John Breckenridge to guide him through his next decisions. How would you recommend that John modify his lifestyle and behavior to reduce stress? Should he change jobs? Do you believe he is capable of reducing his stress alone? If not, where should he seek help?
What type of team was formed here? Was it necessary, in your opinion?
Use the team effectiveness model in Chapter 9 and related information in this chapter to identify the strengths and weaknesses of this team’s environment, design, and processes.
Assuming that these four people must continue to work as a team, recommend ways to improve the team’s effectiveness.
Identify the different conflict episodes that exist in this case. Who was in conflict with whom?
What are the sources of conflict for these conflict incidents?
What conflict management style(s) did Lapierre, the international team, and Gushin use to resolve these conflicts? What style(s) would have worked best in the situation?
Contrast Hillton’s earlier corporate culture with the emerging set of cultural values.
Considering the difficulty in changing organizational culture, why did Hillton’s management seem to be successful at this transformation?
Identify two other strategies that the city might consider to reinforce the new set of corporate values.
What factors do you think attributed to Suraj bhai’s success? Was he merely “in the right place at the right time’’, or are there characteristics about him that contribute to his success?
How do you believe Suraj bhai would score on the Big Five dimensions of personality (extroversion, agreeableness, conscientiousness, emotional stability, openness to experience)? Which ones would he score high on? Which ones might he score low on?
Do you believe that Suraj bhai is high or low on core self-evaluations? On what information did you base your decision?
What information about Suraj bhai suggests that he has a proactive personality?
1) Of the three types of organizational justice, which one does workplace bullying most closely resemble?
2) What aspects of motivation might workplace bullying reduce? For example, are there likely to be effects on an employee’s self-efficacy? If so, what might those effects be?
3) If you were a victim of workplace bullying, what steps would you take to try to reduce its occurrence? What strategies would be most effective? What strategies might be ineffective? What would you do if one of your colleagues was a victim of an abusive supervisor?
4) What factors do you believe contribute to workplace bullying? Are bullies a product of the situation, or are they flawed personalities? What situations and what personality factors might contribute to the presence of bullies?
1) If praising employees for doing a good job seems to be a fairly easy and obvious motivational tools, why do you think companies and managers don’t often do it?
2) As a manager, what steps would you take to motivate your employees after observing them perform well?
3) Are there any downsides to giving employees too much verbal praise? What might these downsides be and how could you alleviate them as a manager?
Use the MARS model
4) As a manager, how would you ensure that recognition given to employees is distributed fairly and justly?
How would you rate President George W. Bush on the four characteristics outlined at the beginning of the case? How would you contrast his reaction to Hurricane Katrina with his reaction to the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001? What do you think his handling of these two events says about his leadership?
Do you think leaders in other contexts (business’, sports, religious) exhibit the same qualities of great or near-great U.S. presidents?
Do you think being in the right place at the right time could influence presidential greatness?
Do you think individuals can learn empathy from something like a 1-month CIP experience? Explain why or why not.
How could UPS’s CIP help the organization better manage work-life conflicts?
How could UPS’s CIP help the organization improve its response to diversity?
What negatives, if any, can you envision resulting from CIP?
UPS has 2,400 managers. CIP includes only 50 each year. How can the program make a difference if it includes only 2 percent of all managers? Does this suggest that the program is more public relations than management training?
How can UPS justify the cost of a program like CIP if competitors like FedEx, DHL, and the U.S. Postal Service don’t offer such programs? Does the program increase costs or reduce UPS profits?
We at Answer Sheet Help offer all types of online academic assistance, be it homework help, coursework help, case study help, Assignment help, Project Reports, Thesis, Research paper writing help.
At our Answer Sheet Help services, our experts are familiar about the formatting styles that are followed in the academic world. Our experts have a great knowledge about the formatting styles such as MLA, Harvard, APA, Turabian, and many others. All types of formats for the case study help are available at our case study help services. In addition, our experts can solve the case studies as per the instructions of the customers.
The experts of our Answer Sheet Help services are highly qualified and professional. We have CAs CFAs & PhD on our panel who have years of experience in the writing of case study / Assignments.
* Article writing
* Case Study writing
* Coursework writing
* Creative writing
* Custom Essay writing
* Dissertation writing
* Essay writing
* Homework writing
* Paper writing
* Presentation writing
* Report writing
* Resume writing
* Thesis writing
* Article Reviews
* Content Writing
* Editing Services
* Homework Assignments
* Personal Writing
* Research Writing
* Editing and formatting